Monday 26 June 2023

Rust

 I'm going to learn Rust. I mean, I mostly already know it, but I want to have a clear goal to strive for, so here goes:

  • Gain an understanding of lifetimes and the borrow checker

  • Support open source projects I care about

  • Write at least 1 open source project in 6 months. I have a list:

    1. Postgres Logical Replication Validator -- we have one (written by me) at work, but it's in Python. Convert to rust and publish
    2. postgres-exporter -- export query statistics from pg dbs
    3. repmgr flapping-foo -- when repmgr starts flapping, lower the requirements for failover successively, ish

    Biggest hurdle is probably finding the time. I have some at work, so that's good. Now I just need to figure out where to find the data I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rust

 I'm going to learn Rust. I mean, I mostly already know it, but I want to have a clear goal to strive for, so here goes: Gain an underst...