Monday 15 June 2020

Stealth release: Generators

I'm releasing Generators even though they're not quite finished


There's not much more to say, really. Right now, the only syntax that's allowed (and works!) is the table id syntax: {{id}}. More features are planned, but I'm also sick and tired of this application so...

Here's an example of a generator (and also an excuse for me to try it out on my own application!). It looks like this:
{{11}} and {{10}} {{9}}, from {{3}}.
{{11}} is a table of male names from, ca, 13th century London. {{10}} is likewise, but female names. {{9}} is a huge (~1.8k) list of surnames, also somewhat accurate to the 13th century. {{3}} is a list of wards in London, again taken from historical sources.
And here's the embedded object, with 5 entries just to show that it works:
And I think that's pretty neat, tbh. There's a lot of work to be done, still, but it's something that can be used now, immediately. And there's some value in that, too.

I've also added error tracking. I hope that I'll catch anything before the server burns to the ground. I don't think it will, but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rust

 I'm going to learn Rust. I mean, I mostly already know it, but I want to have a clear goal to strive for, so here goes: Gain an underst...